Summer is here! Tips to beat the heat.
Summer is finally here. It is time to take out your Scarf, cap and sunscreen. Seems summers in Mumbai have started a bit too early and heat is already getting onto me. Although, I am not the cautious kinds, I find a desperate need to follow some tips to keep myself away from heat. No matter where you live in Mumbai, the energy crunch will affect you all summer. The most important thing is to do is to listen to your body.
Here are a few tips to stay hydrated and cool.
1) Rest Periodically: If your work demands you to travel then take sufficient rest under the tree-shade or at any such cooler places. This will keep you relaxed and hydrated. Once you feel alright and recharged, you may carry on.
2) Change Your Wardrobe: It is important that you dress in the light coloured clothes in summer. Preferably wear cotton and avoid synthetic clothes.
3) Use Sunscreen: Use sunscreen of SPF 15 or 30. Choose products that protect you from UVA/UVB rays. Br careful during cloudy days in summers as it may cause painful sunburns. To deal with such weather, apply sunscreen on sun exposed areas such as face, arms, feet, lips neck and back of the neck.
4) Carry an Umbrella: I personally do not follow this for 2 reasons, one because I do not like the idea of carrying an extra luggage and secondly, sunscreen is good enough for my skin. Advice precisely for those who have extra sensitive skin. “Carry an umbrella or a big scarf”.
5) Drink: In summer body dehydrates faster than usual. Drink a lot of liquids like water, fruit juices or vegetable juices. Avoid cold fizzy drinks for the health reasons. Even in summer cold drinks, alcohol and caffeine won’t do you any good. If for a longer stretch you are busy indoors than drink at least 3 litres of water. If you are traveling, drink 4-5 litres of water. Do not leave home without a medium-sized water bottle. Keep yourself hydrated and replace your usual mid-day and evening snack with the healthy fruit juices. Take extra care of yourself and exercise regularly.
6) Citrus fruits: While traveling Keep some citrus fruit handy. Citrus fruits help you to stay hydrated. If you feel hungry at the middle of the day, have an orange or a Mousambi. It will relieve hungry pangs and keeps you fresh.
7) Avoid oily food: Junk foods are oily and it’s harmful for our body. These fast food items reduce the level of water in our body, so in summer, avoid oily food and eat light.
8) Vehicles: Never sit inside the car under the sun, even if the windows are open. The car heats up and can lead to dehydration. And, likewise also, do not leave your pets or kids in the car in this manner.
9) Work Schedule: Schedule the task that demands extra physical activities, for the cooler part of the day, when weather is relatively cooler. Heat and the humidity will leave you with no energy to complete the rest of the work. If you are on a picnic, make sure you are not to exposed to the sun for a long.
10) Sunglasses: Use sunglasses that protect your eyes from UVA/UVB rays.
11) Foot care: Our foot carries us everywhere and we seldom forget to take sufficient care of them. Wear shoes with a thicker sole with comfortable socks that covers your feet. While walking, if you feel your feet has a burning sensation, then inspect immediately, simply sit and remove your socks, shoes and check it. Do not pour water on it. Apply bandage on the tender parts and let it dry.
12) Eat Light and Sleep Well: Get plenty of sleep and rest as and whenever you may. Eat light food and choose items which has high volume of water and low on fat i.e. fruits, vegetables, Etc. Avoid use of oven, toaster and microwave.
13) Keep it cool: Sit under the fan or in an air-conditioned room. Splash water on your face and sit under the fan. Use ice to wet a piece of cloth and wipe your face, arms and other exposed parts of your body. Take a cool shower using refreshing soap and body wash to recharge your energy!
I wish your experience in this season is pleasant and you make most of it.
Have yourselves a happy, happy summer!
Nicely written 🙂
Thank you Gowrav 🙂
Wow! the summer you are talking about is going to be quite a summer!
What about swimming pool?
I do not like swimming pool so much. But I want to dive in a pool of fruit juices for sure.
You are not short of ideas 🙂
Nice blog that of yours
Thanks very much!! From that summer to this. How are you feeling?
P.S. Email notifications were off. Didn’t realise until yesterday 😦
nice tips.. will follow it.
Reblogged this on Matter of Opinion and commented:
Reblogging: Just because it makes sense to read now!